Title: Compound Target Archery Program Coordinator
Type of Position: Part-time Contract (approx 10-20 hours per month)
Location: Home-based. Some travel may be required
Archery Canada is the National Sport Organization responsible for the promotion and development of the sport of archery in a safe and ethical manner. We are currently seeking a part time contractor to manage the role of Compound Target Archery Program Coordinator. Archery Canada supports the achievement of high-performance excellence in archery in all categories and the development of a national archery infrastructure to promote archery participation across Canada in cooperation with the Provincial/Territorial Archery Associations.
The Compound Target Archery Coordinator is a part-time contracted position reporting to the Program staff and working with the High Performance Director and High Performance Committee. The position has responsibility for program development, strategy, administration and support related to national teams competing in Compound target with a focus on youth pathway
development, team communication and monitoring. Working with the Archery Canada Staff and the HPC the Coordinator will contribute to the development of common areas such as high performance strategic plan development and implementation, LTAD implementation, and Archery Canada competition budget development.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & PRIORITIES
- Lead Youth and Senior Compound Target Archery sport development, with a focus on the delivery of a system building strategy that aligns with other national team and high-performance programs, specifically in the areas of talent identification plans and initiatives, monitoring systems, processes, and programming to drive ongoing athlete engagement (e.g. Development /Identification camps)
- Work in collaboration with AC staff, the HPD and HPC (or HPC identified working group) to develop specific program documents including: national team criteria and selection process; Event selection addendums, carding criteria and nominations; and identify and plan competition and training opportunities.
- Oversee ongoing monitoring and evaluation of athlete performance at the team and individual level, and manage relevant data to ensure standards are met to obtain optimal performance potential.
- In collaboration with the HPD, and AC Staff, develop a budget related to each of the Compound Target Archery Program national team events and programs.
- In collaboration with the HPD select team staff for each national team event.
- Attend and participate in HPC meetings (face-to-face and teleconference) participating as a full member of the High-Performance Committee with voting rights.
- Support the development and delivery of program specific communications with AC staff
- Communicate with program participants (Youth and Senior team athletes, Development athletes, and identified personal coaches) and stakeholders (designated PTSO technical leads) to ensure timely information and follow up
- Develop relevant and beneficial professional networks both domestically and internationally
- Provide reports on the Compound Target Archery Programs to the VP of High Performance and HPD
- Coordinate the organization of, and assist with the delivery of AC’s Compound Target Archery Team camps, events and programs with AC’s Technical Leadership and program staff
- Attend national and international tournaments and/or training camps, as deemed appropriate within budgetary constraints. The Coordinator may be called to serve in the role of Team Leader or Support Staff for national team events.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of government and other funders’ grant applications when requested by the Executive Director or HPD.
NOTE: All the above may involve collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Manager to varying degrees.
The Coordinator shall report to the HPD and sit on the Company’s High-Performance Committee. Additional services or amendments to the services described above may be agreed upon between the parties.
- Strong understanding of the high performance sport environment to best help prepare athletes, coaches and team leaders to perform during the major international events
- Understanding of, and previous exposure to archery
- Excellent organizational skills, re., setting priorities, directing volunteers and committees
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English. Functional ability to speak and write in French is an asset
- Proficiency with standard office applications such as email, document and spreadsheet development in Google suite or Microsoft Office, etc
- Must comply with Archery Canada’s Screening Policy and complete required training within the first month of start date.
Compensation will be commensurate with the successful applicants experience. The budget for this part-time role will be $500 per month.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: April 26, 2021
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.