The Canada Games are an inter-provincial and territorial sports festival staged every two years, alternating between Summer and Winter Games.
Since the Canada Games were introduced in 1967, more than 100,000 participants in over 40 sports have been involved as athletes, coaches or officials, and over 75,000 volunteers have dedicated their time to staging the event.
The 2019 Canada Winter Games is a multi-sport event which will be held in Red Deer, Alberta. Top young archers from each province compete in late February (Entire event February 15th - March 4th). The rounds are shot indoors at 18m on vertical 3 spot targets only.
**Archers must be 20 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2019**
Ontario takes a Team of 2 male and 2 female archers, one each in recurve and compound to shoot two days of indoor World Archery (FITA) rounds for ranking, followed by days of shoot-offs, and mixed team rounds.
Scores from registered club 60-arrow World Archery indoor rounds (formerly FITA rounds), OAA Championships, and training camps held in February, March, and April of 2017 will be used as qualifiers to determine archers who will be invited to attend the Team Trials. Details will follow. Archers from any zone may attend any camp but archers may attend only one of these camps. The camps will consist of a 60 arrow round using only vertical 3 spot target format, information regarding other helpful training areas, as well as practicing team rounds.
NOTE: Excluded from the Canada Games are:
- Athletes who have held a Senior card (as defined by Sport Canada's Athlete Assistance program) at any time.
- Athletes who have competed for any nation at a Senior World Archery Championship.
- Athletes who have competed for any nation at any Pan or ParaPan American Games.
- Athletes who have competed for any nation at any Olympic or Paralympic Games.
If you have any questions about the Canada Winter Games and/or the Team Selection Process please feel free to contact either Richard or Kelly below.
To participate in the Canada Winter Games, you must be a Member of the OAA and Archery Canada
For more information about the upcoming Canada Winter Games
- 2019 - Information Package for Archery (pending)
- Canada Winter Games 2019 Archery Technical Package