Archery Ontario is looking for Archers for a selection camp for Youth Pan Am Championships (YPAC) and Canada Winter Games 2023 (CWG) test event.
If your club has Archers who would like to, and would qualify, please let us know.
We need to have this information by December 27th ,2021
The province has the opportunity to send up to 16 athletes, male or female, 8 compound and 8 recurve.
The camps will be held separately for Compound Mar 16-18 and Recurve Mar 12-14. These are currently tentative dates. The camp will be held in the same venue as the CWG.
Who can attend
- YPAC Potential athletes
- CWG Potential athletes
- Youth Provincial team member
- Up to 8 per equipment category, must be nominated by PTSO by end of December 2021
- Youth Provincial Coaches
- CWG Coaches and Team Staff
- Coaches interested in High Performance
The main objective of the camp is to choose athletes for YPAC but is also a development camp. Athletes are not required to have shot the Minimum Qualifying Score to attend but if they achieve the MQS at camp they will be entered into the selection process to YPAC.
MQS for team selection
- Recurve: achieve an Arrow Average (AAV) equivalent to the AAV outlined on the AC PRT-2 score, based on the athlete's age as of Jan 1, 2022
- Compound: achieve and AAV equivalent to the top 3/4 ranking in their respective category at the 2019 WA Youth Championships (Madrid, Spain)
Archery Canada will supply
- block booking for accommodation
- ground transportation
- airport transfer (arriving and departing Charlottetown or Moncton)
- Lunch on the range
- Travel expenses not included
Cost: includes hotel and camp (tentative) per person
- 4 nights
- $450 double occupancy
- $650 single occupancy
- 3 nights
- $375 double occupancy
- $525 single occupancy
If an athlete is selected for YPAC, they should anticipate covering the majority of the costs. No pricing information is currently available.
Thank you Kevin Stroud