Archery Ontario selects one to two adult archers to represent Ontario at two major Canadian archery events, the Archery Canada 3D and the Target Nationals.
The selection process is based on a number of criteria including scores from qualifying events held around the province. Archery Ontario is targeting developing athletes who are ready to learn how to compete at the national level. To be eligible for teams, archers must not have Quest for Gold funding, and must not have National carding. Archers will no longer be eligible for teams for a discipline after they have been on three provincial teams in the discipline
Archers will travel and remain together as a team with the team leader from arrival in the host city to departure home. Archery Ontarioarranges and pays for the cost of the destination hotel, team rental vehicle, as well as daily per diem and event registration costs. Refer to the Archery Ontario Travel Policy for further details. The archer is responsible for travel to the destination city and meeting location. Athletes will agree to abide by the Athlete Code of Conduct. Please read and sign the Athlete Participation Form. All Policies are available on the Archery Ontario website.
Each athlete selected to represent Ontario is expected to wear a Team Member Jersey (and to contribute 50% of the cost of the jersey up to a maximum of 50$).
- Participation in the Archery Ontario Target Championships is a mandatory eligibility criterion for team selection
- Participants must also submit three 720 single distance rounds to be signed by a witness or a judge along with there application
- An application is to be completed on the Archery Ontario website by June 30th each year
- Participation in the Archery Ontario 3D Championships is a mandatory eligibility criterion for team selection
- An application is to be completed on the Archery Ontario website (link below) by the Monday immediately following the 3D Championships each year
Field Team (optional)
- While attending the 3D National and/or the Target National Championship, there is an option for 2 of the Adult team members to attend the Field Championship as well, at their own cost. The registration will be paid by Archery Ontario. Intent to do this must be signaled by the archer when expressing interest in being a member of the team at either 3D and/or Target.
AC Canadian 3D Championships
The AC 3D Championships are being held in rotating locations around Canada. The selection process is open to archers in the Senior and Master age categories who are both AO members and residents of Ontario. Candidates are asked to complete an application by the Monday immediately following the 3D Championships to be considered for this team.
AC Target Championships
The AC Target Championships will be held in rotating locations around Canada. The selection process is open to archers in the Senior and Master age categories who are both AO members and residents of Ontario. The AC Target Championships is comprised of a Double 720 round.
Candidates are asked to complete an application by June 30th each year.