Archery Ontario selects 4 youth (from Cub, Cadet and Junior) archers to represent archery in Ontario at two major events like Archery Canada 3D and Target Nationals.
The selection process is based on a number of criteria including scores from qualifying events held around the Province. Teams will be made up of two males and two females. The Ontario team is a program designed to be part of the Long-Term Archer Development Model. Archery Ontario is targeting developing athletes who are ready to learn how to compete at the national level, in the Train to Compete stage. To be eligible for a team, archers must not have Quest for Gold funding, and must not have National carding. Archers will no longer be eligible for teams for a discipline after they have been on three provincial teams of said discipline.
Archers will travel and remain together as a team with the team leader from arrival in the host city to departure home. Archery Ontario arranges and pays for the cost of the destination hotel, team rental vehicle, as well as daily per diem and event registration costs. Refer to the Travel Policy for further details. The archer is responsible for travel to the destination city and meeting location. Athletes must agree to abide by the Athlete Code of Conduct. Please read and sign the Athlete Participation Form. All Policies are available on the website.
* The LTAD model divides archer development into a series of stages. Within each stage, appropriate development is essential. Only by following age and level appropriate activities and building a foundation in each stage for the next, can archers optimally prepare to progress toward their goals. Train to Compete (4 to 10 sport years): The primary objective is to "Learn Competition and Performance Skills"
Each athlete selected to represent Ontario is expected to wear a Team Member Jersey (and to contribute 50% of the cost of the jersey up to a maximum of 50$).
- Participation in the Ontario Target Championships is a mandatory eligibility criterion for team selection
- An application is to be completed on the website by the Monday immediately following the Junior Challenge each year
- Participation in the Ontario 3D Championships is a mandatory eligibility criterion for team selection
- An application is to be completed on the website by the Monday immediately following the 3D Championships each year
Field Team (optional)
- While attending the 3D National and/or the Target National Championship, there is an option for up to 4 youth (from either of the teams) to attend the Field Championship as well, at their own cost. The registration will be paid by Archery Ontario. Intent to do this must be signaled by the archer when expressing interest in being a member of the team at either 3D and/or Target.
AC Canadian 3D Championships
The AC 3D Championships are being held in rotating locations around Canada. The selection process is open to archers aged 12-20 years who are both Archery Ontario members and residents of Ontario.
Candidates are asked to complete the Application Form by the Monday immediately following the 3D Championships to be considered for this team.
AC Target Championships
The AC Target Championships will be held in rotating locations around Canada. The selection process is open to archers aged 12-20 years who are both Archery Ontario members and residents of Ontario. The AC Target Championships is comprised of a Double 720 round.
Candidates are asked to complete the Application Form by the Monday immediately following the Junior Challenge each year to be considered for this team.